Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best Off Camera Flash Not Enough Depth Or Detail... Is An SB600 Flash Good Enough For Off-camera?

Is an SB600 flash good enough for off-camera? - best off camera flash not enough depth or detail...

I have a Nikon D60 with SB600 flash. I was thinking about buying a remote control, stand, and a roof for use outside of the camera. Is it worth it? Can SB600 provides enough light, or should I pay money to an Alien Bees B800? It is something that I in my spare time, not very professional.

4 comments:

cubfan74... said...

The SB600 is a very interesting flash. Really want to work outside the camera. The use of an umbrella, you lose some light - perhaps a point more or less = but if we are to maintain a controlled environment, like a portrait on the roof just a few meters from the issue are working well.

The B800 has a lot more power. Rarely used at full power, but use half or quarter of a new power means that power is faster, the bike with the next dose. If you want a large light box, I want to go to AB.

If you have not checked Strobist, you must, however, for a reading. They are mostly from camera flash. http://www.strobist.com

fade2bla... said...

I use a Vivitar 285 and Canon 430EX for a place very well. Thou shalt not kill, but to the sunlight at midday, but the portrait of a working basis within or in the golden shadow should. If you do not already have the flash drive, I'd say go for the bee or Calumet Genesis light (Genesis is around $ 179 and comes with stand and umbrella, and IMO are better than Alien Bees, based on evidence that I saw). Since the light that is the biggest part of the road.

Jack said...

I can sure vouch for the SB600 camera functions. I can at no time, because their food is inadequate. Go for it dude.

Sentimental Treasures Photo said...

SB600 never match the power of the B800 ... Alien Bees have the type you shoot the best of success ... If you have a lot of things to do and not portable flash power are best.

Decide what you are doing first.

Post a Comment